This page is for people who live more than 75 km OUTSIDE OF CAPE TOWN
2024 Class Schedule
Class 45: January - July
Class 46: April - September
Class 47: June- November
Class 48: August - January 2025
Class 49: October - March 2025
Applications are now open for Class 45.
You must use forms printed with "For Class 45 Only."
Forms for classes 46-49 will be available closer to the class dates.
There will be a phone interview before you are asked to travel to Cape Town for in-person interviews.
6 Months - 3 Phases
PHASE 1: 8 weeks of kitchen/classroom/practical studies
PHASE 2: 4-week internship in a restaurant or hotel -- in Cape Town OR Joburg
PHASE 3: 3-month paid employment in a restaurant or hotel -- in Cape Town OR Joburg
After you are accepted into class -- and if you are from Gauteng -- we will discuss your desire to stay in Cape Town or return to Joburg for your internship and job.
You must successfully complete all three phases in order to graduate and receive an ICT certificate.
Proof of a COVID-19 vaccination is required to apply.
Tuition is free. All students receive a full bursary. This is possible only through the generosity of our caring contributors.
We will call you in November or December for a phone interview before you are asked to travel to Cape Town in January.
You then MUST relocate to Cape Town for the interview process and for the entire course. If you come to Cape Town from Joburg -- and if you want to return there after your eight weeks of class -- we will discuss with you the possibility of returning to Joburg for your internship and job.
ICT provides no transport or accommodation. During your first interview, you will be asked to provide proof that you have reliable accommodations in Cape Town for the entire 6-month course.
ICT provides no stipend or living expenses. You must provide all your own living expenses -- including always having airtime and data on your phone.
Classes are from 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, including public holidays, as well as one weekend day (either Saturday or Sunday).
There are no short or part-time courses.
Courses are only in Cape Town.
Foreign nationals are welcome to apply. You must have an Asylum Seeker permit or Asylum Status or a Work permit on your passport.
DO NOT apply if you are the primary caretaker of a child under 2 years of age. The demands of the pro kitchen will interfere with your important parental responsibilities. ICT never wants you to have to choose between the care of your child and attendance in class or at a job.
Age 21 and over may apply. There is no upper age limit. If you are under age 21 at the time of your application, your application will NOT be considered for class.
Matric is not necessary.
Good health, physical fitness and energy are absolutely necessary.
You must own a phone and always have airtime and data.
You must be able to financially support yourself for the entirety of your training. Your home life must be stable enough for you to make your full, 100% commitment of time, effort and energy to your training.
If you are accepted to class, you must undergo a criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not automatically disqualify you from being admitted to ICT. Even if you have a criminal record, we encourage you to apply.
You must download the application forms ONLY for yourself. No one is permitted to download an application for another person.
Instructions for submitting your application are on the front page of the application forms. Any incomplete or improperly submitted applications will NOT be considered.
You must be settled in reliable accommodation in Cape Town no later than mid September.
Applicants must attend THREE INTERVIEWS to be considered for acceptance.
Attending the interviews does not guarantee acceptance to class.
Once accepted to class, you must undergo a criminal record check at your own expense. A criminal record will not automatically disqualify you from being admitted to ICT.
NO ONE MAY POST OUR APPLICATION FORMS ANYWHERE ON SOCIAL MEDIA. You may post a link to this page, but not to the application itself.
Know these 8 things BEFORE you apply to ICT.
1. ICT trains people for careers in the professional kitchen. ICT is not for people just looking for something to do -- or looking for a certificate. ICT is only for people ready to change their lives, find their purpose, and become productive and powerful over a lifetime.
2. The hours are long and demanding. All day, every day. You will leave home early and return home late.
3. You must be able to work nights, weekends, and Public Holidays. There are no December holidays in the business of the professional kitchen.
4. Start getting physically fit. There is gym every day in class. You will be on your feet, moving quickly, all day.
5. Practice your English. ICT classes are in English only. We understand that most people struggle with English. That is ok. That is nothing to be ashamed of. But it is necessary that you push and keep practicing.
6. You must understand that drinking alcohol, smoking dagga, or using any other recreational drugs will not be permitted at any time while you are an ICT student.
7. Start your road to success today. Replace your spare time with reading or watching videos by successful people. Understand the larger world. Expose yourself to new ideas. Get inspired. Find your courage. Understand that making mistakes is a necessary part of any success.
8. "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance." Do not just submit your forms then sit at home waiting for a phone call. Prepare for your interviews. Do all the things on this list. If you do, you will be ahead of the crowd.