This page is ONLY if you live IN CAPE TOWN or within 75 km
Upcoming Class Schedule
Class 46: March - September
Class 47: June - November
Class 48: August - January 2025
Class 49: October - March 2025
Forms for each class will be available 5-7 weeks prior to the class.
Follow us on Facebook so as not to miss the application window.
6 Months - 3 Phases
PHASE 1: 8 weeks of kitchen/classroom/practical studies
PHASE 2: 4-week internship in a Cape Town restaurant or hotel
PHASE 3: 3-month paid employment in a Cape Town restaurant or hotel
You must successfully complete all three phases in order to graduate and receive an ICT certificate.
Tuition is free. All students receive a full bursary. This is possible only through the generosity of our caring contributors.
Proof of a COVID-19 vaccination is required to apply.
ICT provides no transport or accommodation. Students must pay their own transport costs, provide their own reliable accommodations in Cape Town, and always have airtime and data on their phones.
Classes are from 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, including public holidays, as well as one weekend day (either Saturday or Sunday).
There are no short or part-time courses.
Courses are only in Cape Town.
Foreign nationals are welcome to apply. You must have an Asylum Seeker permit or Asylum Status or a Work permit in your passport.
DO NOT apply if you are the primary caretaker of a child under 2 years of age. The demands of the pro kitchen will interfere with your important parental responsibilities. ICT never wants you to have to choose between the care of your child and attendance in class or at a job.
Age 21 and over may apply. There is no upper age limit. If you are under age 21 at the time of your application, your application will NOT be considered.
Matric is not necessary.
Good health, physical fitness and energy are absolutely necessary.
You must own a phone and always have airtime and data.
You must be able to financially support yourself for the entirety of your training. Your home life must be stable enough for you to make your full, 100% commitment of time, effort and energy to your training.
If you are accepted to class, you must undergo a criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not automatically disqualify you from being admitted to ICT. Even if you have a criminal record, we encourage you to apply.
You must download the application forms ONLY for yourself. No one is permitted to download an application for another person.
Instructions for submitting your application are on the front page of the application forms. Any incomplete or improperly submitted applications will NOT be considered.
You will receive a phone call from Ntombi to be informed of the time for your first interview.
Applicants must attend THREE INTERVIEWS to be considered for acceptance.
Attending the interviews does not guarantee acceptance to class.
NO ONE MAY POST OUR APPLICATION FORMS ANYWHERE ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA. You may post a link to this page, but not to the application itself.
Know these 8 things BEFORE you apply to ICT.
1. ICT trains people for careers in the professional kitchen. ICT is not for people just looking for something to do -- or looking for a certificate. ICT is only for people ready to change their lives, find their purpose, and become productive and powerful over a lifetime.
2. The hours are long and demanding. All day, every day. You will leave home early and return home late.
3. You must be able to work nights, weekends, and Public Holidays. There are no December holidays in the business of the professional kitchen.
4. Start getting physically fit. There is gym every day in class. You will be on your feet, moving quickly, all day.
5. Practice your English. ICT classes are in English only. We understand that most people struggle with English. That is ok. That is nothing to be ashamed of. But it is necessary that you push and keep practicing.
6. Drinking alcohol, smoking dagga, or using any other recreational drugs will not be permitted at any time while you are an ICT student.
7. Start your road to success today. Replace your spare time with reading or watching videos by successful people. Understand the larger world. Expose yourself to new ideas. Get inspired. Find your courage. Understand that making mistakes is a necessary part of any success.
8. "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance." Do not just submit your forms then sit at home waiting for a phone call. Prepare for your interviews. If you do all the things on this list, you will be ahead of the crowd.