Please read this ENTIRE PAGE for answers to your questions.
Then click the bottom of the page to download an application.
Please DO NOT email us or send us Facebook messages
with questions that are answered here.
All students receive a full bursary.
All students MUST provide their own RELIABLE transport, accommodation, and have a cell phone with airtime.
Classes are 6 months in duration.
All classes are full-time.
There are no short, weekend or night courses.
Classes are ONLY in Cape Town.
Each class consists of:
1) 9 weeks of kitchen/classroom study.
2) 3 weeks of professional, unpaid internship (transport only paid).
3) 3 months of required employment (paid).
The Student Interview Process:
1) Applicants are phoned approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of each class and given a scheduled interview date and time.
2) Applicants must attend THREE DAYS OF INTERVIEWS over the course of the following two weeks in order to be considered for class.
3) Applicants are phoned a few days prior to the start of class to let them know whether they have been accepted.
FOR OUT-OF-TOWN APPLICANTS:
As a courtesy to applicants who travel to Cape Town from out of town, your interviews are scheduled to help minimize your stay in Cape Town before class starts.
ICT does not provide accommodation or transport of any kind. All applicants must provide their own reliable and safe accommodation and transport to and from Cape Town — and while in Cape Town if accepted to the class.
Please note that ICT may request written confirmation of your local accommodation prior to your being accepted to class.
2019 Class Schedule
21 January, 2019 – 30 June, 2019
(class in progress)
8 April, 2019 – 14 September, 2019
(class in progress)
1 July, 2019 – 15 December, 2019
(applications being accepted; deadline for applications 1 June)
16 September, 2019 – 3 March, 2020
(applications not yet being accepted)
Infinity Culinary Training (ICT) trains needy women and men for entry-level jobs in the professional kitchen.
The first requirement for success is 100% dedication to learning, growing and facing the challenges that come with changing one’s life for the better. Being an ICT student will demand your full time and energy, passion and commitment. Nothing less will do.
Once you are in the working world, there are long hours and hot kitchens. You must be able to work nights, weekends and public holidays. The professional kitchen is not for everyone. The question you must seriously ask yourself before applying to ICT is, “Might it be for me?”
Please read this entire page and think about each point before making your application. We welcome your interest in Infinity Culinary Training and wish you only the best in your life.
Important Information – Please Read Thoroughly Before Making Application
- In an effort to promote international unity and tolerance within South Africa, ICT may accept a maximum of two non-South African citizens per class session. All applicants not born in South Africa must provide proof of legal residence within South Africa and a valid work permit along with your application.
- Anyone over 18 years of age may apply.
- You must provide a CERTIFIED COPY OF YOUR SOUTH AFRICAN ID along with your application, or a COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL ID AND PROOF OF LEGAL SOUTH AFRICAN RESIDENCE AND WORK VISA.
- On the written application (click below to download), you will be asked if you have any criminal history. You must supply every detail of any criminal history or act (if any). Everyone accepted to Infinity Culinary Training must undergo a criminal record check upon acceptance. Any inconsistencies discovered in your background check versus the information you have provided on the application will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the school. Having a criminal record does not automatically disqualify you from being admitted to the school. Each person will be considered on an individual, case-by-case basis. We encourage you to apply even if you have a criminal record.
- Tuition is free. All qualified students are given full bursaries.
- ICT receives over 120 applications for each class. 20-24 people are admitted to each class.
- All students must adequately speak, read and write English.
- No prior cooking experience is necessary.
- Matric is not necessary.
- You must be able to be in class from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, as well as one weekend day (either Saturday or Sunday).
- Your life at home must be stable enough to allow you to make your full commitment to your training.
- Good health, physical fitness and energy is necessary.
- You must be able to financially support yourself for the 12 weeks of training.
- You are responsible for your own transport costs to and from the class. We are located very near the central station in downtown Cape Town.
- You must own a phone and always have airtime.
- You must be ready and willing to face your personal demons and to work harder than you have ever worked before.
- Please note that our school is ONLY in Cape Town and that we do not provide accommodation nor any financial assistance while you are attending our school.
- ICT does not guarantee that you will get a job at the end of the course. We will assist in your job placement, but what you do with it – what you do with your future – is in your hands.
- Applications are currently being accepted for the 34th class, which begins on 1 July, 2019. The application deadline is 1 June.
- Applications can be submitted ONLY by email or post. Instructions for submission can be found on the first page of the application.
- Applications will not be considered without a copy of your South African I.D., or your valid South African visa and work permit, and certified criminal background check.
- Filling out an application does not guarantee your acceptance to the school.